SAVE THE FROGS! is pleased to offer scholarships to dedicated environmental conservationists with financial needs. Scholarships cover the entire cost of SAVE THE FROGS! Membership, giving the recipient access to SAVE THE FROGS! Academy, the SAVE THE FROGS! Community and a variety of educational resources and amphibious offerings available exclusively to members.
SAVE THE FROGS! Scholarships serve two primary purposes:(1) To enable scholarship recipients to improve their abilities to protect amphibians and otherwise assist environmental conservation efforts; and(2) To increase the number of people on the planet actively engaged in SAVE THE FROGS! amphibian conservation efforts.
Feel free to share this image to help spread the word about STF! Scholarship opportunities.
SAVE THE FROGS! Scholarship Recipients receive SAVE THE FROGS! Membership at no cost. Benefits include:
- Access to our monthly SAVE THE FROGS! Webinars in which amphibian experts from around the world give presentations to our members about an important conservation topic of their choice.
- Access to SAVE THE FROGS! Academy, which holds an array of educational materials related to amphibian conservation. We built the site in late 2018 and are regularly adding new materials to it so that it quickly becomes an invaluable archive to any dedicated amphibian conservationist.
- Access to our monthly online SAVE THE FROGS! Members Open Discussions, in which members can connect and seek advice on their current projects directly from me and other amphibian experts.
- Access to the monthly SAVE THE FROGS! Scholars Meeting intended specifically for Scholarship recipients to gather online and discuss their current amphibian projects and how to make the most of this one of a kind community of amphibian enthusiasts and protectors.
Photo of the glass frog Hyalinobatrachium fleischmanni submitted to the SAVE THE FROGS! Photo Contest by Bruce Jones.
How Scholarships Are Made Possible
These scholarships are made possible by the dues paying members of SAVE THE FROGS!. Specifically, we provide scholarships in exact accordance with the number of dues paying members we have. Thus the more dues paying members we have, the more scholarships we can disburse. As such, if you are reading this and you can afford to pay for a membership, we strongly encourage you to do so: you will not only be acquiring a multitude of benefits for yourself, you will also enable us to deliver one of these scholarships to an amphibian conservationist with financial needs.
“SAVE THE FROGS! matters because of the importance of frogs in a variety of ecosystems. Membership is another way I can have an impact.”— Rhonda Wright
The Polymath Society celebrates the 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day in the Philippines
You should apply for a scholarship if and only if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You have a genuine interest in amphibians and the SAVE THE FROGS! mission;
- You wish to improve your knowledge of amphibians, increase your effectiveness as an amphibian conservationist, and expand your network in the amphibian conservation community;
- You have financial difficulties that prevent you from being able to pay for a SAVE THE FROGS! Membership
- You plan to take advantage of the benefits received from your SAVE THE FROGS! Membership and be a proactive member of the SAVE THE FROGS! Community.
Frog art by Jessie Robertson
Apply For A SAVE THE FROGS! Scholarship Here
To apply for a SAVE THE FROGS! Scholarship, please fill out this application. We suggest putting some thought into the answers and using your finest writing skills, as we are limited in the number of scholarships we can disburse. We will be in touch within 14 days of receiving your application. Thank you for your interest in SAVE THE FROGS!
Photo of Duttaphrynus melanostictus from Bangladesh by Animesh Ghose
More About Members & Memberships
- Read about the qualities that make an excellent SAVE THE FROGS! Member.
- Learn more about SAVE THE FROGS! Memberships here.
“For me SAVE THE FROGS! has been a great platform to enhance my knowledge and work actively for amphibian conservation and I feel proud to be a member of STF!”- SAVE THE FROGS! Scholarship Recipient Manoj Pokharel, Nepal
Please feel free to share this image to help spread the word about SAVE THE FROGS! Scholarships.